Monday, May 11, 2015

Week -2: Getting my workspace setup

This week, I have my workspace setup on my computer. Usually, this part is very boring and it always a nightmare for me. We all want to get into the fun soon™ and no one wants to spend to much time trying to open the box.

But now, I got the solution. My mentors are using Vagrant as instructed here https://wiki.python.org/moin/TrackerDevelopment (they will move to Docker soon).  So I just needed to install Vagrant, VirtualBox and type in "vagrant up", and ta dah, my VM got installed and configured. The guest home directory is synchronized with host directory, so I can use PyCharm (yes I'm Windows-user) to develop without having to make a deployment script.

Talking about performance, the VM is very light, it just takes 400MB RAM away and nothing more. So now I can spend my time tinkering with Roundup.

No comments:

Post a Comment